Saturday, November 21, 2009

Focused on Tatting

Well, it's already the middle of November. Christmas is just around the corner! Did you notice how early the malls and stores put Christmas out this year? I was at the mall this week and noticed that Santa had already arrived there. He normally doesn't make it to the malls until around Thanksgiving so he's really early this year.

Anyway, I am having so much fun tatting Christmas motifs. To help get a little extra needle tatting practice in, I have tatted all my motifs both by shuttle and needle which has been a lot of fun and I've learned some interesting things along the way.

Even though with the needle, some patterns feel a little awkward at first, I'm growing more and more fond of needle tatting. Maybe it's because I have sewed my whole life and the needle is so comfortable to me or maybe it's because I can visualize what I'm doing better with the needle - I don't really know. But whatever it is, I'm enjoying it.

I will continue to look for patterns with techniques that challenge me. With a little experience under my belt now, I'm even thinking about joining the 25 Motif Challenge next year and signing up for the Tatters Across Time program.

Next year looks like it will be another busy, tatting-filled year.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you have been learning some new techniques and challenging yourself in tatting!
    I think the T.A.T. program sounds intriguing. I may try it next year, too! On one hand it seems fun to think of the possibilities of perfecting my tatting even further. On the other hand, I am not sure how I feel about some people critiquing my tatting, LOL! I have to make sure I'm completely open to that before I dive in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TattingChic, your work is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you could teach everyone a thing or two about tatting!! I can't wait to see more next year and am looking forward to learning a few new techniques myself.

    ReplyDelete

Since you're already here, why not take a second and say hello or leave a comment? I'd love to hear from you. I read and enjoy all the comments. Thanks!