Thursday, October 22, 2009

Needle Tatting - So Much Fun!

I began shuttle tatting about a year ago and love it. During this past year I have tried needle tatting now and then but I wasn't real thrilled with the results. I thought the motifs I did with a needle were a little loose, if you will, and not as nice a shape as something done with a shuttle. But I love all of the needle tatted projects I've seen in other blogs and kept thinking I have to try again, I know I can do it. Well, after much practice and with the determination to needle tat something I'm proud of, I think I got it!

It's all about tension and needle size. I know I kept reading that but until I had more practice under my belt, I couldn't believe that would make so much difference. It does and right now I am lovin' the needle tatting. If any other tatters are trying to needle tat and are frustrated with the results, let me just say, keep at it. Your results will improve and your needle tatted projects will be just as beautiful as those you've admired.

And here's something you may not have realized yet - split rings with a needle - super easy!! Really, I struggled just like everyone else learning split rings with a shuttle but they are so easy with a needle - you won't believe it until you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since you're already here, why not take a second and say hello or leave a comment? I'd love to hear from you. I read and enjoy all the comments. Thanks!