Sunday, April 18, 2010

Interesting Set of Events

This morning on my way to church, I noticed an accident that had just happened on the other side of the freeway. No emergency crews had arrived yet but there were 4-5 cars that pulled over to help. As I do when I see accidents on the road, or hear emergency vehicles nearby, I offered up a quick prayer for the person(s) in the car, the people who stopped to help, and the emergency crew that would be there soon.

I found out later that morning that one of the people who stopped to offer assistance was my son. He's an EMT/Firefighter and had just gotten off work. The accident happened just in front of him and he stopped to help.

The car had veered off the freeway and rolled over when the driver fell asleep at the wheel. The driver only suffered minor injuries and is okay.

Now, as I think back to the picture in my head, I can remember seeing a large silver truck along with the other vehicles that had stopped to help. It never occurred to me that it could be him but I'm thankful that it was and that he was able to help.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is quite the coincidence. I'm so glad you took the time to say the prayer. Thankful too that the victim wasn't hurt badly!

    ReplyDelete

Since you're already here, why not take a second and say hello or leave a comment? I'd love to hear from you. I read and enjoy all the comments. Thanks!