Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Tatting Here & There

I don't have any new pictures to post of tatting, but I have been working a couple of things - not just tatting. I've been sewing quite a bit lately and made some baby gifts for an adorable little girl born in August. I made her mom a nursing cover and she received a pink quilt and taggie blanket.



Believe it or not, they are made out of the same fabric so they match exactly. I'm not sure what's going on with these pictures - must've been different lighting when photos were taken.
  



Cluny tatting still eludes me. I've been practicing with different size threads and am still not able to be consistent enough. I've used both a shuttle and needle for practice and sometimes my petals look nice and sometimes they are just a mess.

As with anything that is new, I know it takes a lot of practice and I will continue to practice my Cluny leaves. However, they can be a little frustrating so I will be tatting other things in between.

I'm working on the Amusement Doily right now with a new Lizbeth #40 thread and I'm loving it. I want to make a few more snowflakes so I bought another ball of white thread just for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since you're already here, why not take a second and say hello or leave a comment? I'd love to hear from you. I read and enjoy all the comments. Thanks!